A nice red beans and rice recipe to try !
- 1 lb red beans, soaked in about 2 quarts water overnight
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- dash of ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 12 to 16 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
RED BEANS AND RICE INSTRUCTIONS
First of all rinse and drain soaked red beans; place in a 5 to 6-quart Dutch oven and add about 6 cups of fresh water. And then bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, or until red beans are tender. Next is to stir occasionally. Add remaining ingredients and salt to taste; simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add water as necessary. The red beans and rice recipe is ready to serve over hot rice. Very nice !Enjoy the red beans rice !